Thursday 5 December 2013

One meditaters comments on the benefits of meditation

When asked what the benefits of meditation are - what better to hear than someone's experience:

"The practical elements of mindfulness - as in the meditation - is very useful and grounding. Doing it everyday makes it a lot easier to apply the learnings from meditation to every day life. Particularly the case of the meditation called 'exploring difficulties'. I found it very difficult to do this meditation well while actually meditating but it was very useful when I was actually experiencing a difficulty in real life. As soon as I started to the Exploring Difficulty meditation and it really cut through the tendency to spiral and helped the emotion to dissipate. Even though I was only being aware of the feeling and not trying to make it go away. It just meant that I was left with the issue at hand and not the layers upon layers of thinking that I'd added to it."

Anonymous meditator

No comments:

Post a Comment